Response to the Odyssey Book I
I enjoyed it, I’ve always been a huge fan of Greek Mythology
so I’m looking forward to reading this poem. What I found most interesting is
Zeus is referred to as Jove. I’ve heard Zeus named as Jupiter before, but never Jove, so
that was interesting. I found the text a little confusing. It’s just old
language I guess, and it takes a little more thinking to comprehend than newer
more casual writing. Nothing surprised me that much, not yet anyways. Active reading helped
me understand the tricky language better than usual, through re-reading and
summarizing it was much easier to understand the language. Looking forward to Book
II!
Now that I think of it, I've never heard Jove as another name for Zeus either. I thought that the odd words made the story a little harder to understand also. Good job! ^_^
ReplyDelete